Prices quoted on this page are for general guidance, and subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
ARRIVAL TIME: is usually after 6.00 p.m. Departure time before 11.00 a.m. Other times by arrangement, but cannot be guaranteed.
RATES: Basic rate is from £40.00 per night for 4 people, for exclusive use of the Bothy, plus a one-off cleaning fee of £10.00 per booking. (If you book for more than one night you pay only one cleaning fee.) Please note that all bookings are made through AirBnB, and basic rate may increase slightly at busy times.
FACILITIES: Included in the basic rate.
- Sitting Room with tables, chairs and woodburner. Bedroom with 4 futon mattresses. 4 additional camping mattresses.
- Small kitchen with twin burner and grill. Small washroom with hand basin and mirror. Hallway with coat hooks.
- The Bothy is off grid, and uses solar and wind power. No running water, but mains water is provided in water butts.
- Lighting and 240v power provided but NO ELECTRIC HEATERS PERMITTED.
- Portaloo chemical toilet located outside.
- Dogs welcome, but must be kept under control near livestock.
EXTRAS: payable on arrival:
- Bed linen and towels (max 4 people.) Cost is £15.00 for first night, £2.00 pppn thereafter.
- 1 bag firewood included in basic rate. Additional firewood at £5.00 per bag.
- Gas heaters at £7.00 per night each.
- Local Information
Please note: Shap Fell Bothy is off-grid. Power is provided by solar panels and a wind turbine charging batteries. The batteries are sufficient for lighting and small devices, but heaters, irons, microwaves, laser printers and hair-dryers may not be used.